Who we are and what we do:-
All parents at Tylers Green Middle School are members of the Friends Association.
The committee, are parents drawn up from all years of the school who wish to volunteer as a member. We have a certain number of positions on the committee, if there are no active vacancies to be filled there are many other ways in which parents can actively help.
We organize a number of enjoyable events throughout the school year, so that parents and guardians can meet socially, and at the same time help raise funds for the Tylers Green Middle School.
Event that we run yearly with success are:-
· Adult quiz nights
· Family evenings
· Summer fayres and Christmas bazaars
· Hot dog days for the children at the end of each half term
· Discos for special events such as Year 6 Leavers
All money raised is used to support the school, funding items which are needed to enhance the school and benefit as many pupils as possible.
Previously, the funds which we have raised have:-
· Contributed towards refurbishing the school swimming pool
· Re-lining the conservation area ponds
· New computer and chairs for the whole ICT suite
· Ceiling projector for the main hall
· Music stands for the studio
· New books for the library
· Goalposts and a new long jump sandpit
· Two new external notice boards
· Refurbish “Block”, where the children have their art, DT and cookery lessons.
All parents are welcome to attend meetings, as wider support is much needed with certain events. Please remember the events are only a success if well supported by both helpers and those taking part, so we encourage you to come along to support us during the year.
More details of the Friends Committee, and the contact number for the Secretary, can be obtained from the School Office.